Have Ticket, Will Travel!

View from the Cahill ExpresswayYesterday I went into the city to compare plane ticket prices. Then I actually bought one... I leave Australia on Saturday February 24th, 2007 - travelling by Austrian Airlines to Vienna, via Kuala Lumpur.

The Musikverein in Vienna (but who needs to see the Vienna Phil over there when you've seen them in Sydney!I arrive there at 6:10 am on Sunday February 25th for a 24 hour stopover (this was voluntary - I figured, if I'm going to pay hideously large amounts of money to go to Europe and I'm going to change planes in Vienna anyway, I may as well have a look around the place while I'm there! Not that anything will be open on a Sunday in Vienna....)

The Marienplatz in Munich - very sensibly named, but slightly misspeltI then mosey on back to the airport to catch a flight at 6:45am, reaching Munich at 7:50am on Monday February 26th. I'm then going to visit Hugh, Isabel and Stuart and impose myself upon their hospitalty for maybe two days - I have asked and they did say it was fine! I quote: "stay as long as you like - if longer than a month then you pay rent" - which sounds reasonable to me :)

The cheap seats on the CityNightLine trainHaving seen sights (sightseen?) in Munich, I then plan to catch a night train with CityNightLine from Munich direct to Amsterdam. The prices look reasonable, and all the other train journeys I've looked up have involved between 3-5 train changes. This apparently goes direct (I'm still looking for the catch!) I haven't booked that far ahead yet (I don't think the train timetable's even up yet.)

Then I'll be in sunny Amsterdam, which, according to most, isn't really...

No comments: