Kiwi Muffins!

Yes, it's Teddy Tahu Rhodes!


(Though the photo I really wanted to use was the one from Opera Australia's production of Don Giovanni - the one involving black leather underwear. You can see that photo here. The drooling going on from all the women - and probably a good number of the men - in the audience was almost palpable.)

But this is in fact a Bad Pun brought on by people's insistence of referring to kiwifruit as kiwis. This is wrong: kiwis are either small flightless birds from New Zealand, or the small flightless New Zealanders themselves. Trust me, I'm a Sydneysider - we know these things :)

Bad Puns aside, my main point is in fact kiwifruit muffins. Thus:

This is the sort of muffin that will probably work with any kind of fruit - I just happened to have a couple of kiwifruit that were threatening to go off if I didn't do something with them soon, and I remembered I'd found this recipe. Thus, kiwifruit muffins, with non-blurry photo (the bananas in said photo are mostly there to block out my housemate's laptop):




KIWIFRUIT MUFFINS

Ingredients
185g self-raising flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
80g butter, melted
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup milk
2 kiwifruits, peeled and diced
pinch of salt

Method
1) Preheat oven to 200°C
2) Grease a six hole muffin tin (or be lazy like me and get a silicone one....)
3) Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl
4) Combine butter, egg and milk and then stir into flour mixture
5) Fold kiwifruit into mixture.
6) Spoon mixture into the muffin tin
7) Bake for 20 min, or until golden
8) Cool in tins for 5 min and then on a wire rack

Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 20 min
Serves: makes 6 muffins

Source: Lynne Mullins, Cuisine.com.au, http://www.cuisine.com.au/recipe/Kiwifruit-muffins, 16/10/07

No comments: